The Authority is managed by 13 trustees who shall serve pursuant to Chapters 343 and 3734, Ohio Revised Code, and whose membership is outlined as follows:
- Three (3) trustees appointed by the City of Akron, one of whom shall be the Mayor of Akron;
- Two (2) trustees appointed by the County of Summit, one of whom shall be the County Executive;
- One (1) trustee appointed by the Summit County Trustees and Clerks Association;
- One (1) trustee representing the cities of Summit County, excluding the City of Akron, appointed by the Summit County Mayor's Association;
- The Health Directors of Summit County and the City of Akron;
- Two (2) trustees chosen by the other ten trustees who are not public officials and who do not represent the solid waste industry; and,
- One (1) trustee chosen by the other ten trustees who represents a large non-public generator and who does not represent the solid waste industry.
Of the total number of Trustees appointed by the County of Summit, (Article V (b), (f)) one shall be a resident of the City of Akron.
Terms of Office
Trustees shall serve a three year term.