As of 2010 the Household Hazardous Waste Recycling Center no longer accepts for recycling electronics, cellphones and toner cartridges.
Year around, computer equipment could be donated or recycled through the following businesses and organizations:
1. A OneCommunity/RET3 Education Initiative (216.923.2200) www.onecommunity.org - Equipment donated is inspected to determine if it can be refurbished. Usable machines are remanufactured to the specifications of participating schools and unusable equipment is completely demanufactured; the raw materials sold to end users and the proceeds used to subsidize Green Computing.
2. Goodwill Industries of Akron [Dell RECONNECT partnership] (330.724.6995) www.goodwillakron.org Equipment donated is refurbished or recycled.
3. Ohio E-check locations: www.ohioecheck.org (Cellphone recycling program)
4. Victim Assistance Program (330.376.0040) drop off used cellphones - any condition at 150 Furnace Street, Akron, Ohio 44304.
1. E-Scrap Solutions (216.431.0796) www.escraprecycling.com
2. e-Waste of Hudson (330.650.0274)
3. Itran, Inc. (330.523.0087) www.ItranUSA.com
4. Metallic Resources PCR (330.963.4126) www.metallicresources.com
5. RET3 (216.361.9991) www.ret3.org
SASWMA strongly suggests contacting these locations for specific information on services and fees (if applicable) prior to use. Inclusion on this flyer does not constitute endorsement by SASWMA.