DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRY OUT OIL OR
SOLVENT BASED PAINTS
Dried out Latex Paint (water-based) is an acceptable item for curbside trash. To solidify follow these simple instructions:
- Mix absorbent material (i.e. cat litter, sawdust, shredded newspaper, or Cobzorb) into paint and allow mixture to dry thoroughly. Use a 50/50 mixture to ensure the quickest dry time; or
- Let the paint dry out. Simply remove the lid and sit the paint can in a well-ventilated area (this works best for small quantities of paint); or
- Pour thin layers (about 1" of paint) into a disposable pie plate or cardboard box lined with plastic and allow the paint to dry one layer at a time. Repeat the process until all the paint is dry.
- Once paint is dry, leave the lid off the can and place in your regular trash.
- Recycle the empty steel paint cans! Check with your curbside recycling program or City Scrap and Salvage Company (330.753.5051).
Cobzorb can be purchased at any Hoffman's Ace Hardware & Paint store.
Click here for Cobzorb Coupon